Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Fresh Watermelon & Herb Margaritas


I believe summer cocktails should be light, fresh, refreshing and not too sweet. This cooling cocktail perfectly fits the bill. Freshly squeezed watermelon juice is blended with fresh lime juice, freshly picked herbs, a bit of sea salt and your favorite tequila. The herbs and lime juice deliciously cut some of the sweetness of the watermelon, and the sea salt pulls everything together. So wonderful. Just the thing to tame the spiciest food.

I made a big pitcher of the margaritas for book club last week. The group loved them, drank every drop, and asked for the recipe. I consider that a massive success. Trust me...make a batch for your next party. You won't be sorry and will be blending watermelon margaritas all summer. Enjoy!



Fresh Watermelon & Herb Margaritas
(makes 8)

watermelon juice from a medium watermelon seeded and chunked 
juice of 2-3 limes 
1/2-1 teaspoon salt 
1 tablespoon mint (I used chocolate mint, but any type works), plus more for garnish
1 tablespoon basil, plus more for garnish
ice
tequila

Blend watermelon, juice from 2 limes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and herbs together till smooth. You should get around 10 cups of liquid. Taste and add additional lime juice and salt to taste. 

Pour some of the juice into an ice cube tray to make watermelon ice cubes. Freeze until firm.
Refrigerate remaining juice until very cold.

When ready to serve, add 2-3 oz tequila to each glass. Add a couple of ice cubes and a few watermelon ice cubes. Fill glass with watermelon juice. Stir and garnish with herbs. Serve immediately.

Other Summer Cocktails you may enjoy:


Summer means easy, breezy dishes made from fresh, just-picked produce and this week at Food Network's Summer Soiree we are celebrating CocktailsDo you have a favorite cocktail recipe? Or, if you are not from the states, a favorite outdoor picnic recipe? Share in the comments section and/or link to your blog if you have one. And be sure to check out the delicious sounding recipes from my blogger friends and Food Network. 

Feed Me Phoebe: Hibiscus Tea Arnold Palmers, Spiked or Sober
Creative Culinary: 
Lime Sherbet Float with Strawberries and Prosecco
Virtually Homemade: 
Strawberry Swirl Pina Colada
Healthy Eats: 
5 Classic Cocktails, Slimmed Down
Daisy at Home: 
Frozen Watermelon-ade
Homemade Delish: 
Summer Cocktail Delight
Taste with the Eyes: 
Sublime Franco-Korean Elderflower Soju Martini
Napa Farmhouse 1885: 
Prosecco & Chambord Cocktail
Red or Green: 
Fresh Watermelon & Herb Margaritas
The Mom 100: 
A Peach Cocktail and a Mocktail for Mixed Company
FN Dish: 
6 Fruity Riffs on Classic Summer Cocktails

best,
diane

I have started sharing my newest blog "California Girl in Taos."  Please visit and let me know what you think.

1 comment:


  1. HELLO GET OUT OF FINANCIAL MESS WITH THE HELP OF drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    I have been in financial mess for the past months, I’m a single mum with kids to look after. My name is REBECCA MICHAELSON, and am from Ridley Park, Pennsylvania. A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along our discussion she told me about DR BENJAMIN OWEN FINANCE of drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com that he can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. She advised, I gave it a try because she and some of her colleagues were rescued too by this Godsent lender with loans to revive their dying businesses and paying off bills. so I mailed him and explain all about my financial situation and therefore took me through the loan process which was very brief and easy. After that my loan application worth $278,000.00USD was granted, all i did was to follow the processing and be cooperative and today I am a proud business owner sharing the testimony of God-sent Lender. You can as well reach him through the Company Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    THANK YOU VERY MUCH

    ReplyDelete