Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Frozen Tri-Melon Cocktail

Summer Cocktails. Doesn't the term conjure up days relaxing in the sun? By the pool? At the beach? Under a big umbrella?  Whatever you dream, a big, frothy, frozen cocktail adds to the enjoyment. Especially one handcrafted using the freshest possible, in-season melons. One that is softened by the addition of coconut milk...and spiced with fresh ginger, herbs and a bit of lime juice. Add your favorite vodka and jump into summer. Enjoy!

I especially enjoy this cocktail with hot & spicy food...perfect for the recipes on this blog. To customize your cocktail, you can change the proportions of melon to suit your preferences...all watermelon? Perfect.  More honeydew than cantaloupe? Fine.  Just ensure you equal 4 cups.  I love the taste of the three together and the red, orange and green deliver such a beautiful color, don't you think?

Frozen Tri-Melon Cocktail
(makes 2)
2 cups watermelon cubes (rind removed and seeded, about 2 inches each cube)
1 cup cantaloupe cubes    (rind removed and seeded, about 2 inches each cube)
1 cup honeydew melon     (rind removed and seeded, about 2 inches each cube)
3/4 cup coconut milk ( the type in the carton, not canned)
1 tsp minced fresh ginger
2 tsp fresh lime juice
2 tsp minced fresh mint
2 tsp minced fresh basil
2 oz vodka
pinch sea salt
fresh mint leaves for garnish

Place the melon cubes on a parchment-lined rimmed cookie sheet and freeze for 1 hour. Place all ingredients (except mint garnish) in a blender and process until well mixed.  Note, the mixture may freeze in the blender.  If this happens, stop processing and stir with a wooden spoon to break up cocktail.  Resume processing until frothy. Taste and add additional ginger or lime juice if desired.

Pour into tall glasses and garnish with fresh mint leaves. Serve immediately.


It is "Summer Cocktails" week at Food Network's
 #SummerSoiree roundup. Check out the other delicious sounding recipes from my blogger friends. Do you have a favorite summer cocktail recipe? Please share in the comments section and/or link to your blog if you have one.

Feed Me Phoebe: Grilled Strawberry-Mint Bellinis
The Lemon Bowl: Raspberry-Ginger Bellini
Jeanette's Healthy Living: White Peach Sangria
The Heritage Cook: Refreshing Lime Coolers
The Cultural Dish: Pimm's Cup
Virtually Homemade: Frozen Lime Margaritas with a Sangria Swirl 
Weelicious: Strawberry Lemonade 
Big Girls, Small Kitchen: Strawberry Gimlets with Homemade Strawberry Vodka
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Cucumber and Sage Cocktail
Red or Green: Frozen Tri-Melon Cocktail
Dishing With Divya: Caipirinha
In Jennie's Kitchen: Cantaloupe Lillet Sparkler
Poet in the Pantry: Pirate's Booty Call
Elephants and the Coconut Trees: Watermelon Malibu Surf
Sweet Life Bake: Boozy Affogato
Devour: 5 Boozy Summer Coolers
Domesticate Me: Blueberry Mojito Royale
Haute Apple Pie: Classic Mojito
Daily*Dishin: Blackberry Rum Shrub
Taste With The Eyes: Korean Soju Kimbap Bloody Mary
FN Dish: Sip Your Way Through Summer (Recipes)

best,
Diane

California Girl in Taos

Follow Me on Pinterest
I have started sharing my Taos experiences on my newest blog "California Girl in Taos". Please visit and let me know what you think.

1 comment:


  1. HELLO GET OUT OF FINANCIAL MESS WITH THE HELP OF drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    I have been in financial mess for the past months, I’m a single mum with kids to look after. My name is REBECCA MICHAELSON, and am from Ridley Park, Pennsylvania. A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along our discussion she told me about DR BENJAMIN OWEN FINANCE of drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com that he can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. She advised, I gave it a try because she and some of her colleagues were rescued too by this Godsent lender with loans to revive their dying businesses and paying off bills. so I mailed him and explain all about my financial situation and therefore took me through the loan process which was very brief and easy. After that my loan application worth $278,000.00USD was granted, all i did was to follow the processing and be cooperative and today I am a proud business owner sharing the testimony of God-sent Lender. You can as well reach him through the Company Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    THANK YOU VERY MUCH

    ReplyDelete