Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Pasta with Kale, Garlic & Calabrian Chile


Ok, so I know spicy chile, garlic and kale pasta is not your typical Easter side dish fare but just imagine it paired with roast beef, or lamb or turkey. Gorgeous color, fresh taste, loads of flavor. It just shouts spring to me. Best of all you have a delicious main dish for your vegetarian friends. Happy Spring everyone!



The key to this dish is Calabrian Chile paste. I love the Silanfunghi brand of chile paste and used to buy it by the case at NapaStyle, Michael Chiarello's store, and catalog. They are "rebranding" and not taking orders at this time, so I have found other brands on Amazon. I am pretty addicted to this sauce and always have a number of jars in my pantry. Try the chile drizzled on pizza, or eggs, or vegetables of any sort. It is spicy but not "stupid hot" as my husband likes to say. I shared a recipe this week for Sauteed Broccolini With Garlic and Chile On Toast over on my Napa Farmhouse 1885 blog. The broccolini also features the chile sauce. You should give it a try too.




Pasta with Kale, Garlic & Calabrian Chile
(serves 6)

6 oz kale leaves, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1/4 cup pine nuts
2-3 heaping teaspoons Calabrian Chile Paste. ( I like the Sil brand)
sea salt
black pepper
grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
16 oz tubular pasta, cooked according to the package directions

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Stir in the kale and 1 cup of water. Cover pan and allow kale to cook until crisp-tender. (about 4-5 minutes). Remove cover and saute kale until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, the garlic, pine nuts and a pinch each salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute. Add 2 tablespoons chile paste and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.

Add the hot, cooked pasta to the skillet and stir to combine. Taste and add the additional tablespoon chile paste if you want a spicier dish. Generously top pasta with cheese and serve.


It is Easter Sides Week at Food Network's Sensational Sides roundup. Do you have a favorite side dish recipe to share? Please list (or link) in the comments below. And be sure to check out the other delicious sounding recipes from my blogger friends and Food Network. 

The Lemon Bowl: Roasted Asparagus and Tangerines with Toasted Almonds
Devour: 
Have a Hoppin’ Easter with These Remixed Brunch and Dinner Dishes
Creative Culinary: 
Deviled Eggs with Lemon Zest, Capers and Chives
The Mom 100: 
Spring Greens Salad with Kohlrabi and Golden Beets
Elephants and the Coconut Trees: 
Vanilla Pudding with Fruit Jam Topping
Napa Farmhouse 1885: 
Sauteed Broccolini With Garlic And Chile On Toast
Red or Green: 
Pasta With Kale, Garlic & Calabrian Chile
Big Girls, Small Kitchen: 
Fennel & Cherry Tomato Salad with Toasted Pistachios
Healthy Eats: 
5 Spring Sides for a Healthier Easter Feast
Taste with the Eyes: 
Butter Lettuce Cups with Fried Goat Cheese, Green Apple, Meyer Lemon Cream
The Wimpy Vegetarian: 
Creamy Feta and Asparagus Casserole with Orzo
FN Dish: 
5 Side Dishes That Are More Important Than the Easter Ham
best,
diane

I have started sharing my newest blog "California Girl in Taos."  Please visit and let me know what you think.

15 comments:

  1. Yummy, it looks good and tempting. I so want to have it right now but I can't coz don't have all the ingredients with me. Thank you for sharing the recipe though, will give it a try soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very different kind of pasta recipe. It has all the healthy and nutritious ingredients in it. I would try this out on this weekend for the dinner. I hope it tastes good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post, will be back for more. Seeking reliable spanish writing help online, worry no more, at Academic Writers Center we offer quality help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At Delite Cleaning Services we understand that it is hard to find time to clean your house and that’s why we are here to help. We take those tiresome chores off your list, give you your life back all with a clear focus on attention to detail, customer satisfaction and going that extra mile. Our services are tailor-made to suit your needs and for your convenience, we supply cleaning equipment. For More Detail Check out...... House cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, my name is Mari. It's fantastic. Thank you for providing this information. This software has persuaded me. Thank you for providing such valuable information.
    Windows

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://windowsactivators.org/how-to-activate-iexplorer/
    This is a great post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Pasta, but now with the combo of garlic sauce must make it more tasty, want to try it, Now it's time to avail african gowns for ladies for more information

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so delicious and moreover it is so easy to make. I will try this at weekend. Now it's time to avail derma rollers for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love pasta and garlic mayo is my favorite too, your tips make this pasta more delicious and healthy thanks for the suggestions, Now it's time to avail generator installation for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love food blog. Taste and add the additional tablespoon chile paste if you want a spicier dish its really yummy. Now it's time to avail HALFCASTE CREAM SET for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Pasta look delicious in images and thanks for sharing this unique recipe. I will try this recipe at my home. Keep sharing more food recipe with us. Now it's time to avail https://goodwaytransportation.com for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow amazing! its look to much delicious and mouth watering. The recipe you shared is too much easy. I must try in my kitchen. Keep sharing more recipes with us. Thankyou. Now its time to avail Limo service West Palm Beach for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The recipe you shared is too much delicious. I love food blogs very much and your article is one of that. The pasta looks to much yummy. Thankyou for sharing with us. Now its time to avail Car Services in Orlando for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am delighted to see your article after a long time. I am impressed by your content. Now its time to avail Interior Painting Services in Fort Worth Tx for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing this amazing recipe with us!

    ReplyDelete